Online access is now available for all active, inactive and retired CPMs, preceptors, and current applicants-in-process (PEP coming later). All these people were sent an email on December 22 with instructions on how to log into their new Certemy account. If you fall within this group and did not receive this email, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org, and he will assist you with your log-in information.
- Log into the new system any time to continue updating and maintaining your certifications.
- Each time you log in, you will see how many steps (requirements) you must still complete and when those steps (requirements) are due.
- The due dates assigned to each step will help you complete your renewal on time. You must complete all requirements by your certification expiration date to ensure timely renewal.
- Certemy is the perfect place to store your CEUs until you are ready to actually apply for your recertification. Note, recertification can only be applied for within 90 days before expiration, not before.
What will the new system let you do?
Services that are currently available within the platform:
- CPM Recertification
- CPM Recertification After Expiration
- CPM Recertification After Expiration- State Licensed
- Preceptor Registration
- Preceptor Renewal
- Midwifery Bridge Certificate
- Inactive Status
- Retirement Status
- MEAC Route (submission of MEAC Continuity of Care Form)
- MEAC Route (Submission of Form 200-Chart Upload)
- CNM/CM Route
- State Licensed Route
- UK Route
- Examination Retake
- Extension Request
- Verification Letter Release Form
- Submission of all associated fees
- Print Digital Certificates (available after January 1, 2021 for those who already hold certificates)
WAIT, what about initial CPM Applications? PEP?
PEP is not currently available, but is under construction. Keep an eye on your email inbox for further announcements!
Please email email@example.com or call 888-842-4784 ext. 1, and we will answer all of your questions!
eBlast emailed December 22, 2020