To be put on Inactive Status, a CPM must:
- Submit the Inactive Status Application within 90 days of their expiration date, fees are listed below:
- $35: Inactive Status Form postmarked before the end of the month current certification period ends
- $50: Inactive Status Form postmarked within 90 days after your expiration date
Midwives who are listed as inactive:
- Will receive all NARM communications.
- Are bound to all policies regarding Peer Review and the Grievance Mechanism.
- May NOT identify themselves as a CPM.
- Will not have their name given to prospective clients. Inquiries about the status of a midwife will be answered that the CPM has been certified but is currently Inactive
The Inactive Status Form must be submitted each year to retain Inactive Status. There is a six-year maximum for claiming Inactive Status (two recertification cycles), at which time Inactive Status will become expired unless the midwife submits the required information to become recertified.
Within the six year period of inactivity, the CPM may become recertified at any time by paying the recertification fee and fulfilling the Recertification Requirements.
Note: A CPM will be considered expired if they are more than 90 days past recertification deadline without declaring Inactive Status or at the end of six years of Inactive Status.
Please apply for Inactive Status using Certemy if at all possible. You may also pay the Inactive Status fee through Certemy.
Apply using a Form
If you are unable to use Certemy, fill out and submit this Inactive Application Form.
If you are unable to use Certemy and wish to pay with a credit card, please contact email@example.com to get link(s) for your credit card payments.