Annual Inactive Status
- Inactive Status may be claimed for up to three years in a row but must be renewed on an annual basis.
- The midwife may reactivate their CPM at any time during the inactive status by paying the recertification fee and fulfilling the Recertification Requirements.
- Certification will expire if Inactive Status is not renewed each year or CPM recertification is not submitted and approved.
To be put on Inactive Status, a CPM must:
- Submit the annual Inactive Status Application within 90 days of the CPM expiration date:
- $55: Inactive Status Form submitted within 90 days prior to the certification expiration date.
- $105: Inactive Status Form submitted within 90 days after the certification expiration date
Midwives who are listed as inactive:
- May NOT identify themselves as a CPM.
- May not act as a NARM Registered Preceptor.
- Will receive all NARM communications.
- Are bound to all policies regarding Peer Review and the Grievance Mechanism.
- Will be identified as having been certified but currently on Inactive Status if inquiries come in.
- Certification dates will always fall on the CPM’s date of birth.
- At the end of each year of inactivity, the CPM may become recertified by paying the recertification fee and fulfilling the Recertification Requirements. The certification date will be adjusted to that year.
- If the midwife chooses to reactivate the CPM up to 90 days before the one-year inactive status ends, their inactive status terminates and their active status will be retroactive to the original recertification date.
- Preceptor status will be effective the date of recertification.
- Preceptor status will not be retroactive to original recertification date.
- A CPM will be considered expired if they have not declared Inactive Status or recertified by their expiration date. There is a 90-day grace period to submit requirements. If Inactive Status or if a Recertification Application has not been submitted and approved, the CPM status is expired.
Apply using a Form
If you are unable to use Certemy, fill out and submit this Inactive Application Form.
If you are unable to use Certemy and you wish to pay with a credit card, you will receive an invoice by email with a direct link for credit card payment once your application has been received and logged in.