In order be put on inactive status, a CPM must:
- Submit Inactive Status Form within 90 days of their expiration date, fees are listed below:
- $35.00: Inactive Status Form postmarked before the end of the month current certification period ends
- $50.00: Inactive Status Form postmarked within 90 days after your expiration date
Midwives who are listed as inactive:
- Will receive CPM News and other NARM mailouts.
- Are bound to all policies regarding Peer Review and the Grievance Mechanism.
- May NOT identify themselves as a CPM.
There will be a two certification cycles, or six years limit, at which time inactive status will become expired unless the midwife submits the required information to become recertified.
Within the six year period of inactivity, the CPM may become recertified at any time by paying the $150 recertification fee, and submitting the Recertification Application and requirements for one recertification cycle (thirty contact hours, including five hours of peer review) from any of the categories defined in the Recertification Application.
The CPM’s name will not be given to prospective clients. Inquiries about the status of a midwife will be answered that the CPM has been certified but is currently inactive.
Click here for a pdf file of the Inactive Application Form.