Apprentice Needed in Forth Worth,TX area

Find each other here.

Apprentice Needed in Forth Worth,TX area

Postby mgmidwife » Sat Aug 08, 2009 11:16 pm

Hi everyone,

I am Molly Germash, LM, CPM in Peaster, Texas. After apprenticing and then working for 10 years in Grand Prairie, TX at Helen Jolly Nelson's birth center Family Birth Services, I opened up my own free standing licensed birth center west of Fort Worth almost 3 years ago. I am currently looking for a live near or live-in apprentice to begin in November/December of this year. My preference is for a green student whom we would expect to graduate in 2 years but am open to other configurations. We are located on an 11 acre horse training facility in a semi-rural area and serve a wide variety of clients - rich to poor, 1st baby to 13th, conservative to a bit on the wild side, home or birth center births, etc. We specialize in women who have been traumatized by previous birth experiences or are otherwise high need and have an excellent VBAC success rate and reputation. Womean come from near and far to use us and waterbirth is a popular option in our practice.

Students are an integral part of my birth center. There are two senior midwives training at all times and we loan our students out to other midwives in the D/FW area for valuable cross training. Although the work load is not for the feint hearted, our clients cheerfully include the students in their care and a fair number of them choose a senior apprentice as their primary midwife under supervision. Fluency in Spanish means even more primary care opportunities! This is a great place to learn the depth and breadth of midwifery and graduate ready to work independently.

Many students of mine would be happy to provide references for our style of midwifery, our commitment to training apprentices, and how much fun it is to work as a team here. My website www.heartsdesiremidwifery.com has more info and I can be reached by cell phone at (972) 896-8841.
mgmidwife

Return to Looking for: Preceptors/Apprentices/Partners