Debbie Pulley, CPM

New here? Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Debbie Pulley, CPM

Postby gamidwife » Tue Apr 21, 2009 7:38 pm

Hi all and welcome to our Forum! I am a CPM practicing in Atlanta Georgia and surrounding areas. I am member of the NARM Board. I am the one you will get when you send an email to info@narm.org.
gamidwife

Re: Debbie Pulley, CPM

Postby salli » Thu Apr 23, 2009 8:56 am

Hi Debbie:
Thanks for the welcome. I am a CPM in Seguin, TX. Thanks for putting this together. I was hoping for a forum for midwives. I'm looking forward to being a part of this board.
Salli Gonzalez, LM, CPM
salli

Postby aquanatalmidwife » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:21 pm

HI Debbie! Thanks for all of your help with NARM! It's a big job -- and now this forum will help us stay in touch with each other. I'm a CPM, LM in California & I did graduate from the National College of Midwives. I had a difficult time getting
my "numbers," in California, even though I paid a preceptor LM with her own well-established birth center. She wouldn't let me do the births unless it was convenient for her. So I "went down to Casa" (Casa de Nacimiento in El Paso) and was able to stay long enough to finish up. I was a homebirth midwife "back in the day," in the times when there were still homebirth physicians working with midwives, at least in San Diego, and we were "alegal."

All that aside, I love being back in midwifery and chose a degree-granting program that was approved here in Calif. for midwife licensure. I think the PEP process is still important, since there are STILL very fews ways (except working with another midwife!) to get your clinical experience.

My daughter, Lynn, has enrolled at NCM this year and together we have opened a new waterbirth center in Chino, CA. Women in our area have not had access to this type of care (including built-in tubs from Waterbirth International) for over 10 years since the Family Birth Center, run by an OB!!! (Dr. Michael Rosenthal) closed in Upland, CA in the late 1990s.

We're getting off to a slow start, but interest is picking up because so many women are looking for VBACs and it's virtually extinct here now.

I try to work with the local CNMs, invited quite a few over to our open house in late February. But they are very "medical model" here. I know of only 1 CNM who provides homebirths here. The rest are Licensed Midwieves. Which means they've passed the NARM exam at some time.

Thanks for this forum!
aquanatalmidwife

Postby jenniferremeika » Tue Aug 25, 2009 8:10 pm

Thank you Debbie! This forum is a great idea. I am one of your CPM's (Jennifer Remeika). Another thank you for posting your practice guidelines on the site. I have found some good ideas there. Thank you!
I am looking forward to sharing and learning in this forum
jenniferremeika

Postby mahshid » Fri Dec 11, 2009 11:16 am

hello debbie,
my name is mahshid.i am new in narm forum and also in usa.i am a cpm in my country with 14 years expirence.
i want trying pep and getting license.could you please advise me about this.
thank you.
mahshid

Return to Introduce Yourself