Interested & New to Midwifery

New here? Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Interested & New to Midwifery

Postby aurielle » Fri Aug 20, 2010 8:38 pm

Hi everyone,

My name is Aurielle and I'm 23 years old. Due to the desire of wanting children one day in the future, I decided to do my homework (research) early. I have watched several documentaries, read a bunch of articles and am currently reading "Pushed" by Jennifer Block. There is so much information out there and I love it.

Despite recently graduating with a B.A. in International Business, I am becoming very intrigued and interested in midwifery. I've become so interested, that I'm highly considering to study to become a home birth midwife.

Though, I'm having some trouble finding good midwifery schools. Does anyone have any suggestions of where I can start my journey? I know each state is different, but what are the main certificates you need to become a midwife?

Thank you for your help in advance!
aurielle

Re: Interested & New to Midwifery

Postby clearroadbirth » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:28 am

I would suggest going to www.midwiferytoday.com and looking into their Paths to Becoming a Midwife package. It will whet you appetite, inform you of your choices and open your horizons, as well as getting you in touch with others on the same joureny towards midwifery.

Good Luck!
-Mandy Harshbarger
clearroadbirth

Return to Introduce Yourself