Susan Hodges

New here? Tell us a little bit about yourself.

Susan Hodges

Postby shodgesmwy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 10:55 am

Hi, I'm Susan Hodges. I'm a founding member of and current president of Citizens for Midwifery, a consumer-based national organization that promotes the Midwives Model of Care and speaks up for the maternity care interests and concerns of "consumers" (for want of a better word). Even before CfM started, I participated in the Certification Task Force (attended all but one meeting!), and served on the Experienced Midwife Committee (that developed the beginnings of the PEP process). I also am on the Consumer Review Panel for the Cochrane Group (I give feedback on proposals for reviews and the draft reviews themselves). My two wonderful home births (20 and 23 years ago) propelled me into this work. I am a strong supporter of the CPM certification! And I am grateful to all of you wonderful women who work as midwives!!!
shodgesmwy

Re: Susan Hodges

Postby BirthingBaby » Tue May 19, 2009 4:50 am

Hi Susan! Thanks so much for all your wonderful email updates! I've been receiving them for a very long time now. In fact, your email re: NARMs petition to ACNM was what led me to signing up here!

Keep up the wonderful work!

Sherry Rumsey
Student Midwife, MCU
www.BirthingBaby.com
BirthingBaby

Return to Introduce Yourself