Candidates certified by the American Midwifery Certification Board (AMCB) must:
- Fulfill the General Education Requirements (outlined in the application).
- Complete the appropriate NARM application forms.
- Send a notarized copy of current AMCB CNM/CM wallet card.
- Submit documentation of functioning in the role of primary midwife or primary under supervision for:
- A minimum of ten births in homes or other out-of-hospital settings;
- A minimum five (5) births with continuity of care which includes five (5) prenatal exams spanning two trimesters, the birth, newborn exam and two (2) postpartum exams.
Upon approval of the application materials, the NARM Written Examination will be scheduled.
The Certified Professional Midwife certification will be issued after all requirements are met.
A module/workshop on Cultural Competency will be required for all applications submitted after September 1, 2012.