Requirements for NARM Recertification
- Each CPM must complete the Recertification Application and attach all pertinent documentation.
- A total of 30 CEUs over three years are required for recertification, including five mandatory CEUs in Peer Review and 25 CEUs in a variety of other categories.
- Maintain CPR and NNR Certifications.Courses must be approved by NARM and include a hands on skills evaluation. Online certifications are not accepted.
- CPR and/or Neonatal Resuscitation may not be used as part of your CEU totals.
Neonatal Resuscitation (AAP NRP)
Helping Babies Breathe (AAP) – http://www.helpingbabiesbreathe.org/
CPR must be from the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association.
All applicants and CPMs are required to complete a workshop, module, or course on Cultural Competency for certification and recertification. Approved Courses/Modules are:
- A course on cultural competency within a midwifery education program accredited by MEAC or a specific state approved midwifery education program
- A course on cultural competency within a state approved medical/health education program
- A cultural competency course offered as a workshop accredited for CEUs by MEAC
- HRSA: Effective Communication Tools for Healthcare Professionals
- Mercy in Action: Cultural Competency and Respect in the Provision of Maternity Care
- The online module offered by the March of Dimes (book purchase required)
There are several online sites that provide Cultural Competency modules for health care providers and offer CEUs. A Google search should bring up quite a few options. Please note that Cultural Competency modules are not required to have CEUs attached, but if they do you may also use them in Category 1. If there are no CEUs provided the course/module must be health care related and presented through an institution or other recognized source. A certificate of completion may be submitted as proof of participation.