Requirements for NARM Recertification
- Each CPM must complete the Recertification Application and attach all pertinent documentation.
- A total of 30 CEUs over three years are required for recertification, including five mandatory CEUs in Peer Review and 25 CEUs in a variety of other categories.
- Maintain CPR and NNR Certifications.
Courses must be approved by NARM and include a hands on skills evaluation. Online certifications are not accepted.
- CPR and/or Neonatal Resuscitation may not be used as part of your CEU totals.
Neonatal Resuscitation (AAP NRP)
Helping Babies Breathe (AAP) – http://www.helpingbabiesbreathe.org/
CPR must be from the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association.
All applicants and CPMs are required to complete a workshop, module, or course on Cultural Competency for certification and recertification. Approved Courses/Modules are:
- A course on cultural competency within a midwifery education program accredited by MEAC or a specific state approved midwifery education program
- A course on cultural competency within a state approved medical/health education program
- A cultural competency course offered as a workshop accredited for CEUs by MEAC
- The online module offered by Georgetown University: http://nccc.georgetown.edu/features/CCHPA.html
At the bottom of the page, click on “Begin the Cultural Competence Health Practitioner Assessment (CCHPA)” to take the assessment. As proof of completion, print the first page of the resource list provided at the end of the assessment. The assessment is not eligible as CEUs.
- The online module offered by the March of Dimes: