Requirements for NARM Recertification
- Each CPM must complete the Recertification Application and attach all pertinent documentation.
- A total of 30 CEUs over three years are required for recertification, including five mandatory CEUs in Peer Review and 25 CEUs in a variety of other categories.
- Maintain CPR and NNR Certifications.
Courses must be approved by NARM and include a hands on skills evaluation. Online certifications are not accepted.
- CPR and/or Neonatal Resuscitation may not be used as part of your CEU totals.
Neonatal Resuscitation (AAP NRP)
Helping Babies Breathe (AAP) – http://www.helpingbabiesbreathe.org/
CPR must be from the American Red Cross or the American Heart Association.
All applicants and CPMs are required to complete a workshop, module, or course on Cultural Competency for certification and recertification. Approved Courses/Modules are:
- A course on cultural competency within a midwifery education program accredited by MEAC or a specific state approved midwifery education program
- A course on cultural competency within a state approved medical/health education program
- A cultural competency course offered as a workshop accredited for CEUs by MEAC
- The online module offered by the March of Dimes: